Paint Correction – What is it and why do I need it?
Paint correction, as it is commonly referred, is actually the process of enhancing and correcting the clear coat (lacquer) and not the paint itself.
Over time, due to a number of factors including improper washing, your clear coat deteriorates.
Marring (swirls), Random Isolated Defects & Scratches (RIDS) & Etching caused by water, bugs and bird lime all reduce the clarity of your clear coat, dulling the finish.
During correction & enhancement, these issues are tackled using a combination of machines, pads & compounds/abrasives.
Our aim is to correct as many defects as possible, whilst removing as little of the clear coat (lacquer), thus increasing clarity, depth of colour & gloss.
Depending on the requirement of a client, multiple stages of correction and refinement may be required.
Once we have achieved the desired result, we generally lock this in with a Ceramic Pro coating, however we do have alternatives as the client requires.
Of course, there is always “someone who will do it cheaper” – we would ask why?
- Are they insured?
- Are they affiliated to any professional organisation(s)?
- Have they trained?
- Do they understand the technology, how to achieve the right outcome or how to provide beat advice to save you spending more than you need to long term?
- Do they provide aftercare/backup once you leave?
- Is the product of the highest quality?
- Does/do the product(s) live up to all claims made about their performance?
Fortunately, I can say YES to all of the above, which my clients can vouch for AND I have a huge passion for what I do!
I can’t wait to re-open and get back to what I love doing after all this is over!
Stay safe and get in touch if you think I can help!